Tonga can be called the "world center for laziness". In this case laziness is not explained as a word of a negative character. By laziness a complete calm rest without anything to do or worry about is meant, which is definitely promised on the islands of Tonga. To choose in which resort and hotel to spend their "lazy" days, tourists should be well-informed about the wide range of Tonga hotels and resorts.
Tongatapu is the most popular island and touristic resort in Tonga, located on the southern part of the island. Tongatapu is the home of the capital of Tonga - Nuku'alofa. This relatively flat coral island is famous for its nice beaches, wild coastal scenery, tranquil agricultural areas and the most extensive archaeological sites in Polynesia. Coming to rest in Tongatapu, choose your accommodation among the following hotels:
- Fafa Island Resort, which is a wonderful set of bungalows offering exceptional romantic holiday in the South Pacific. Fafa Island Resort is perfect for those seeking for tranquility, empty beaches and crystal turquoise waters surrounded by coral gardens. The hotel has a Polynesian Fales, unique Tongan and European seafood cuisine and a tropical cocktail bar.
- Lagoon Lodge, located on the shores of Fangakakau Lagoon. It is a set of 15 spacious self catering apartments, which are equipped with all the necessary facilities.
- Waterfront Lodge, which is the nicest accommodation of the island. The hotel is a wooden building of an old colonial style. All the hotel rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a king size bed, private balcony, satellite TV, modern bathroom and other facilities. The Waterfront Restaurant is situated on the ground floor.
- White Sands Resort, a small family run lodge comprising six rooms. The hotel is the best choice for tourists looking for quiet Tongan life and traditional culture.
- Otuhaka Beach Resort, located on a picturesque white sandy beach. The hotel is especially a good place for surfing and snorkeling lovers.
- International Dateline, which is Tonga's largest hotel. The hotel has a variety of room configurations, a swimming pool, and a restaurant and is located next to a chain of shops.
- Royal Sunset Resort, located on 'Atatà Island. The hotel has a small swimming pool, a nice beach, good snorkeling and a Polynesian style restaurant and bar. It is a wonderful place for beach holidays.
- Mounu Island Resort, surrounded by a turquoise magnificent lagoon, a dream place for many divers.
- Treasure Island Eco Resort, offering exceptional snorkeling and a breathtaking leisure by the beach. The bungalows have traditional design with thatch roofs and offer comfortable and pleasant interiors.
- Blue Lagoon Resort, a Robinson Crusoe style resort, ideal for those looking for a down to earth experience, whether for couples or families.
- Tongan Beach Resort, comprising twelve stylish rooms. The hotel has its restaurant, sunset sand bar plus plenty of activities including island tours.
- Mystic Sands, a small cozy hotel containing four modern rooms equipped with excellent facilities.